- Users to read this agreement carefully before using the PipeMath software. By using the software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, please do not use/purchase the software.
- The license allows a single user to use the software as a service. The software must be used directly by the licensed user.
- The software is licensed not sold. The license is not transferable, or sub licensed.
- The user's rights are limited to what is specifically allowed by the license. All other rights are reserved. No additional rights may be inferred.
- The user's rights under the license are automatically terminated if the user fails to comply with the terms of the license.
- Nothing in the license shall be interpreted as establishing a partnership, joint venture, agency, employment or other similar relationship between the parties.
- Nothing in the license shall be interpreted as giving any third party any right, remedy or claim.
- In this license PipeMath refers to the PipeMath Inc. website and associated entities.
- Currently, Process Piping, Pipeline Calculations, Pipeline Hydrotest Analysis and Road Crossing modules are available to use.
Warranty and Disclaimer:
- PipeMath warrants to correct any bugs or errors that are notified to PipeMath by the user.
- There is no other warranty on the software. Except when otherwise stated in writing, PipeMath provides the software without other warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The software is not warranted to be bug or error free (all software contains bugs and errors).
- The software is not warranted to be compatible with all combinations of operating system and browser. There are known issues with (older) browsers which are not standards compliant. You are recommended to use an up to date standards compliant browser and operating system (Microsoft Edge).
- In no event, unless agreed to in writing will PipeMath be liable for damages, including but not limited to any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of use or inability to use the software, and any losses sustained by third parties, even if PipeMath has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- PipeMath is not responsible for the internet connection between your computer and the PipeMath server.
- PipeMath is not responsible for the consequences of any events which are outside of its control (force majeure).
- The user agrees that PipeMath has no control over which software is used, or how the software and the software output is used.
- The user is entirely responsible for determining their requirements (and purpose), selecting which software to use, ensuring that the software selected is fit for their purpose, and ensuring that the software is used in a manner which is fit for their purpose. The software should not be used by unqualified personnel. Refer to the general user guidelines for notes on good engineering practice.
- The user is entirely responsible for the consequences of any engineering decisions made on the basis of the software output.
- The user is entirely responsible for the accuracy of the data used in calculations.
- The user is entirely responsible for the level of checking and validation.
- The user is entirely responsible to ensure that all legal, commercial, operational and any other requirements are fulfilled.
- The user is entirely responsible to ensure that any output or result supplied to third parties is fit for the third party's purpose.
- The user agrees to indemnify and hold PipeMath (including company officers and employees) harmless from any and all claims arising from their use or misuse of the software, and from all claims arising from third parties, except as provided in Dispute Resolution (see below).
Software Design Philosophy
- The software is intended to be used by qualified personnel and is designed to allow the maximum possible flexibility to the user. The software does not attempt to prevent the use of invalid data, or otherwise constrain how the software is used. The software is not suitable for use by unqualified personnel.
- User data and calculation output is the property of the user. PipeMath does not maintain any record of such data.
- PipeMath policy is to minimise the information which is collected from users. The information collected is limited to the information which is required for registration, login, subscriptions and upgrades. Any correspondence with users may also be stored.
- Web traffic is logged, and is used to identify problems, respond to user queries, and to monitor site usage.
- PipeMath does not distribute your information to third parties, except as required by law and if/when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- PipeMath uses session cookies to manage user sessions. The cookies are not used for any other purpose. PipeMath does not allow third party cookies on the website.
- PipeMath does not collect your credit card number or your card expiry date. The name on your credit card is recorded in the transaction details. Credit card transactions are conducted by Braintree, a secure third-party provider.
- For extra security PipeMath uses client-side encryption for credit card transactions. Credit card details are encrypted by the browser before sending. A secure browser is required for credit card transactions.
Using Old Browsers
- Some old browsers do not support modern encryption standards. As a work around, an unsecure option is provided for users with old browsers to use my account (login and open account etc). This option should only be used if your browser cannot support modern encryption standards. You are recommended to use an up to date browser which supports modern encryption standards.
- The old browser option cannot be used for credit card transactions. A secure browser is required for credit card transactions.
- PipeMath is being offered at introductory price.
- Because of our discounted rates we have a restrictive refund policy. As a new user we recommend you subscribe for one month at the start.
- Following are the discounted rates to access all modules.
- CAD 13.99 6.99 per month
- CAD 41.99 14.99 for 3 months
- CAD 83.99 24.99 for 6 months
- CAD 163.99 44.99 for 12 months
- 5% GST applies.
- Each subscription is for a single user only (for volume licensing contact PipeMath). The subscription may not be shared, transferred, or resold.
PipeMath Refunds Policy
- PipeMath is being offered at a low cost, therefore our refund policy is very restrictive. For new users we recommend to subscribe for one month only and extend the subscription according to your needs.
- Refunds are entirely at PipeMath's discretion. PipeMath reserves the right to decline refunds if the refund process is being abused.
- The software is copyright to PipeMath Limited (all rights are reserved). The software is distributed by PipeMath Inc.
- The user agrees to first notify PipeMath of any bugs, errors, faults or other problems with the software (first notification).
- The user agrees to then allow PipeMath the opportunity to rectify any bugs, errors, faults or other problems with the software.
- PipeMath may at its sole discretion refund part or whole of any subscription or other fees paid.
- Any unresolved dispute shall be referred to a mutually agreed Alberta arbitrator. The arbitrator’s decision shall be binding.
- The maximum settlement shall be limited to any fees paid, pro rata from the date of first notification.
- The license is governed by Alberta law, and applies to the maximum extent permitted by applicable Alberta law.
- Where any part of the license is not applicable under Alberta law, the remaining parts of the license shall remain valid to the maximum permitted extent.
- The software is intended for business use only, and is contracted out from the Consumer Guarantees Act. The software is not suitable for consumer use, and should not be used by unqualified personnel.
- PipeMath reserves the right to update the license without notice. The license published on the website shall apply.
- You are also recommended to refer to the PipeMath general user guidelines for use of the PipeMath software.
- If you have any queries, please contact PipeMath using the Contact link on the PipeMath website.
- For guidelines using the PipeMath tools refer to PipeMath General User Guidelines.
- To help users user’s manuals are added for each module.
- All software contains bugs and errors. Always check your calculations before you rely on the results. Use the check pages to check the calculations.